7.10.2008

Making like a pincushion

Okay, I know you all have been waiting with bated breath to hear all about my acupuncture experience, so I'll put you all out of your misery.

Well, I survived. Seriously, it wasn't that bad. Strange, but not unpleasant. A bit anticlimactic really.

My practitioner had me lay down on the cot in the doctor's office (very clinical environment). First thing she did was take my pulse. "Great pulse!" she cheerily informed me. Cracks me up. Hello! I'm alive, just infertile.

In all casualness, she proceeded to stick these teeny-tiny needles in areas on my legs, feet, hands, ear and head (yes, you read that right, needles in my head!) Seriously, I could barely feel them going in... except for the one close to my ankle.

The worst part of the experience was having to lie on the cot for 25 minutes bored out of my skull. I am not a napper, so 25 minutes in the dark with nothing to do or think about is excruciating. I ended up singing "99 Bottles of Beer on the Wall" to myself.

Note to self: if this all pans out and we do end up with a real-life child of our own, totally use this experience as ammunition. ie: "I got needles stuck in me so you could be here today... now go wash my car."

1 comment:

Jax said...

Hahahaa - you crack me up!! I'm glad you trying eastern medicine and are keeping an open mind about these things. You are learning a lot about your body and that makes it really worth it!!