4.30.2008

Baseball in the Afternoon


I'm getting ready to watch the final game of the Giants vs. Rockies series... I love day baseball and luckily since I work from home, I can have the game on in the background while I work (sshhh! Don't tell my boss!)

I am pleasantly surprised by how well the Giants are doing this year. I truly thought they would be an embarrassment to the Bay Area. Instead, they are young, scrappy, and eager to win. It's also fun to see so many of the young'uns stealing bases all the time -- we sure didn't have much of THAT the past few years.

Management seems committed to doing what they need to do to win as well. Barry Zito (see my blog on 4.23.2008) has been demoted to the Bull Pen -- as my KNBR morning guys say, "thank you GOD!" (you gotta hear the sound byte to get the full effect).

I'm not dumb enough to believe they have a chance at the playoffs, but hey, it's a start!




No comments: