5.02.2008

The lion

Last night I dreamt that I was in a car driving on Danville boulevard. I saw a mother and her two daughters on the side of the road and just to the left of them, appeared a lion. The mother panicked and she and the two daughters ran across Danville Blvd... the lion proceeded to chase the girls.

All of a sudden, my sister Laura appeared. She had jumped out of the car behind us to go save the girls. So, the lion then decided to go after Laura. It was so vivid and the lion pounced so quickly that I swore Laura was history.

Before I had time to react or do anything, I woke up. Reflecting on the dream, I think about how Laura reacted but I didn't. That definitely speaks to our characters. Laura is definitely the more compassionate of the two of us.

I found Dream Moods, an online Dream Dictionary. Here is what they say about lions appearing in dreams:

"To see a lion in your dream, symbolizes great strength, aggression and power. You will overcome your emotions and/or difficulties. As king of the jungle, the lion also represents royalty, leadership, pride and dominion. You have much influence over others. You may also need to exercise restraint in your own personal and social life."

Royalty? I don't think so, but I'll take the rest of it as a positive.

No comments: