7.18.2008

Friday Bullets!

Yipee! It's Friday. This has been a long week. A good week. A productive week. But LONG. When's the next 3 - day weekend?

  • First off, "slacker intern" put in his two week notice. Hasta la vista! That's what I say. As Kathy wrote so eloquently, "Don’t let the door bang you in the butt on your way out!" The scary part is I really don't think my boss would have fired him. Upon bossman's return from vacation, I proceeded to tattle on "slacker intern" about his slackerish behavior while the "cat" was away. I was shocked that bossman made excuses for slacker and he remained an employee. Guess that is a good thing for my own employment security...

  • We're going to dinner tomorrow night. Wheeee! It has been an eternity since I've dressed up and gone to an actual restaurant for dinner. We are celebrating my wonderful friends Jackie & Mark's birthdays. Happy Birthday Jackie & Mark! Will see some friends I haven't seen in a while as well. Plus we are going to Le Colonial - the food is amazing and I have such great memories here.

  • I'm very sad that I am not at the BlogHer conference. http://www.blogher.com/ I made the decision not to attend since I've been a bit to lackadaisical with my spending lately, and I'm trying to cut back. I really wish I'd bit the bullet and signed up. I am being tormented all day long with tweets from happy women who are writing their updates while at the conference. Mostly the messages are cryptic cause I'm ON THE OUTSIDE! It's like they have the secret "cool chick" language that is not revealed to the geeky girls. Next year for sure.

  • I am going to set up a twitter account for Lucy. She turns 3 in October and I think she's mature enough now to be introduced to social networking. If you have any ideas for what her twitter name should be, please comment. I am leaning towards squirrel_patrol.

My "bullets" have gotten long... more like actual paragraphs, but hey, it's my blog. I can do what I want!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope we can go to BlogHer09 together!! I totally missed having you there with me this year.