3.27.2008

Snap out of it!

Wow. I just got done reading at least 20 anonymous womens infertility stories online. I feel like a nincompoop for complaining so much cause my situation is ridiculously insignificant compared to theirs. Most of the women I read about have been trying (with drugs, injections, IUI, and other advanced treatments) for over 6 months unsuccessfully. I'm crying to anyone who will listen cause I'm too darn impatient to wait for the freaking ovulation kit to give the "happy baby picture" (that's right, I bought the Mercedes Benz version ovulation kit.... no faded blue lines for me).

My heart goes out to these women who have spent an unbelievable amount of time, energy, and money trying to get pregnant. Many of the stories include mis-carriages. It is just heartwrenching and I cannot even begin to imagine what I would do in their shoes. It amazes me that these women still possess the inner strength to post their stories as well as the compassion to support and advise others in similar positions.

Just goes to show you the strength of a woman. Can you imagine if men had to endure such obstacles?

No comments: