4.14.2008

The Last Lecture

I am reading a great book. It's about a professor at Carnegie Mellon University who learns that he has pancreatic cancer and has only 3 months to live.

He has 3 young children and is happily married.

I just started reading the book and he describes how hard it is to decide just how to spend the little time he has left.

Of course there are things he would like to teach his children. As well as conversations that, as a father, he wants to have with them, that they just aren't ready for.

He decides to present a series of lectures as a final statement to fulfill his last personal wish and objective. He would also record the lectures for his children to experience after he passes.

Time is of the essence, in this case.

I have a feeling this book will be an inspirational one. I'll write more as I continue to read.

Check it out on Amazon,

No comments: