5.05.2008

A new approach

I have made a turn in my pursuit to become fertile... I realized this weekend that the process I have been in just isn't working. So, I'm going a different route. Instead of following orders and pumping mysterious synthetic products into my system (oh yeah and spending a boatload of my insurance company's money), I am going to take on an active role. From now on, I'm calling the shots. (I can talk big can't I?) : )

We'll see how I feel in a coupla months... but, for now, I feel good about my new "project".

I had already cut out caffeine, artificial sweetener and alcohol - well, in order to not feel deprived, I will allot myself a glass or so of vino per week : )

I figure, why not? Let's go all out! I bought a book on Chinese medicine and fertility. I can't put it down. It's fascinating. Every single thing I've read thus far makes just too much sense.

The contrast between Eastern and Western medicine is stark. They give is following analogy: Western medicine is like throwing fertlizer on a plant, whereas Eastern medicine is about creating a fertile ground, using compost, etc.

So... in the fertility world, the Western medicine approach is to identify which hormones are lacking then hyperstimulate the system with synthetic hormones. Conversely, the Eastern medicine approach is the get the body back to a balanced state hormonally so the body does what it is supposed to do... for women, it's have babies. Duh!!! How much sense does that make? It's almost laughable.

I also booked an appointment at an acupuncture clinic that specializes in fertility, and I may go get some Chinese herbs too. It could just be that I need to get my Qi back. (if you don't know what that means, go get a Chinese medicine book!)

I will keep you updated... watch this space!

No comments: