6.30.2008

Dog Days of Summer

What a day... it's the last day of the month and the last day of the quarter which has implications that only a salesperson can relate to.

It all started on morning walkie with Lucy.

I had a big goofy smile plastered on my face from the moment I woke up. After a relaxing, fun weekend with wonderful girlfriends, I was in great spirits.

Lucy and I set out on walkie. Lucy happily chased squirrels, and unearthed old tennis balls while I listened to my boys on KNBR, feeling good that the Giants managed to take 2 out of 3 games from the A's... not at all concerned that today is a Monday.

I should have known the moment I spotted this threesome down the trail. The gray haired skinny woman with a sour look on her face, her husband who meekly walked a step behind her and a small, tawny collie type dog who looked like it wanted nothing more than to get away from them.

As Lucy and I passed by, the collie dog excitedly pulled on the leash trying to jump toward Lucy. Meanwhile Lucy calmly walked past with zero interest in any of them. As I walked by, the lady said to me, "you need to put your dog on a leash. It IS the law after all" - I'm sure you can imagine the sneering voice. Any other day, I would have wanted to smack this lady but today nothing could ruin my great mood. So I pretended I didn't hear her.

Classic. Clearly she was mad /jealous 'cause her dog was so unruly ON the leash, while Lucy was so well-behaved OFF her leash.

Haters, I tell you. I can only feel sorry for people like this cause clearly she leads a miserable, unhappy life.


No comments: