7.02.2008

Bored

That is an ugly, bad word for me. I hate to be bored. I am the type of person who prefers to be "on the move" -- places to be, people to see.

My boss left for vacation and our network has been down most of the day. Perfect timing, right? Apparently our intern (this is funny: my boss fired this guy a week ago, then hired someone else who quit after 2 days, so my boss groveled for ex-intern to return) is going to go fix the network later this afternoon. I am skeptical. This kid is an immature 19 year old. I am willing to bet he shows up and plays video games all day.

I should really be researching new technology or other useful work-related things that I can do on my home network without logging in... but I'm just not in the mood. I was so bored that I actually voted 25 times (!!!) for the All-Star Game. Then I drove to Blockbuster to pick up a couple of movies, which should help me kill a few hours.

Thank goodness this is a quiet week and my lack of activity should not result in lack of business.

No comments: