5.14.2008

In The Valley of Elah

Pete and I watched this movie Sunday night and I can't stop thinking about it. It was quite intense and disturbing.

I am wondering why the movie didn't get more hype at the Oscars? I think that the American public are still not quite ready for stories of the Iraq war. Especially a movie that portrays the effects of the war on returning soldiers so damaging.

Tommy Lee Jones' performance was masterful. I have a new appreciation for him as an actor. The competition was pretty fierce for best Actor at the Oscars last year, so I can see why he didn't win that role. However, the movie was not even nominated for any other categories.

Luckily I rented 27 Dresses today, so perhaps that will help me I'll get myself into a more lighthearted frame of mind!

No comments: