3.31.2008

Sucked in again

Those of you who read my blog regularly have a pretty good idea of my current frame of mind towards the Giants. I have not been looking forward to the start of this season.

Today, I happened to turn on the TV as I planned to squeeze in a quick workout on my elliptical machine at lunch. Oh, that's right! It's opening day at Dodger's Stadium today. Like a rubber necker driving by an accident scene, I could not resist keeping the game on in the background.

Within 5 minutes, I felt the surge of emotions return as I took in the green grass, blue skies, excited fans in the stands (even THOUGH it was Dodger Stadium). Baseball is back. No matter how much I rant & rave, scream, punch my pillow and blog with fierceness, I can't change the fact that I love this freaking sport and the Giants are my team.

MY TEAM.... That's right. OMG, they stink. It's now the 7th inning and they are losing 7 to NOTHING. I don't think any of them knows how to hit a ball.

Oh, it's gonna be a long season. The good news is I should get some good (angry) workouts in!

No comments: