4.02.2008

Haters




There is a mean man on a bike who yells at Lucy every morning. It makes me furious as you can imagine.


This man does not like the fact that Lucy is off leash, never mind it is 5:30am and there is nobody around.


What a bully! She's 2o pounds to his 200 pounds (I'm guessing). He rides his bike without a headlight and feels like it is his right to yell at dogs. A dog who does not make the decision as to whether or not it should be off leash.


I would feel better if he yelled at me. You'd think he'd feel like a complete nincompoop for yelling at such a small dog.


Every morning, this man scares me as he comes out of nowhere, barrelling down the trail. With my headphones on, I usually don't hear him until he is whizzing by screaming at Lucy to get out of the way. NOTE: Lucy is never ever ON the paved trail, instead she's off trail, sniffing other dog smells, chasing squirrels and exploring.


For the most part, the folks we meet on our trail take one look at Lucy and quite simply, fall in love. There are exceptions.


Bike Bully is the worst.... but there are others who do not embrace the sweetness, cuteness and eager-to-please-ness that is Lucy.


There is the chubby Cub's fan who yells at ME (thank you) because Lucy "aggravates" her two pit bulls (!!) -- personally I think she's just mad cause she's struggling so hard to jog. There is the group of little old silver haired ladies who took one look at Lucy and decided they just did not like her.


I used to either yell back or put on my stoniest face and forge on, but I'm getting better. When I see these haters, I'll now put Lucy on her leash. Unfortunately, the bike bully is probably going to have to continue to yell, as I never have enough advance notice to do anything about it.


All I can say is Karma, people. Watch out.


No comments: