4.07.2008

Opening Day




I got to the city early this morning -- wanted to avoid traffic and ensure I could find a reliable spot to log in so I could get some work done before taking off for an annual tradition -- Opening Day at PacBell - oops, AT&T - Park.

Pete has been to Opening Day every year since the ball park opened. I have been to every Opening Day, except the very first. I just love the excitement and sense of optimism in the air. Fans dressed out in Orange and Black. The park always seems brand new again.

It could not be a more gorgeous day. As I walked from my parking spot ($10 all day, yipee!) toward the ballpark, the sun was starting to rise above the Oakland Hills. I had a little moment where I thought, how wonderful would it be to have a little one with me to share the experience? Guess the "mommy urges" are stirring in me more often now! : )

There is not a cloud in the sky. I had to do a little walk around the ball park, just for memories sake. It wasn't long ago that I worked across the street and spent many days walking around the park at lunch. I noted that the crew was already out getting the field ready for this afternoon. Sometimes I dream about what it would be like to have such a seemingly laidback job.

I am now situated at Panera Bread where they have free wifi, good coffee & snacks and loads of space... but I am having a hard time concentrating on work. I feel like a little kid getting excited for the baseball season.

I need to cherish this feeling because I suspect I will experience different emotions this afternoon.... in light of the Giants' talent level this year. : (

I can't escape it..... GO GIANTS!

No comments: